Mix butter and sugars
- 2/3 cup butter unsalted room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (edited to suggest 1/4 cup packed brown sugar instead, a little less sweet)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
When mixed add:
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Egg replacer (you can use any egg replacer that you wish, your grocery store or health food store will sell egg replacers). Or you can look up egg replacer suggestions online.
Add dry ingredients
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (for flavor and preservative qualities)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi sweet MINIATURE chocolate chips (using big ones will make it hard to close the mold - they get in the way)
- Walnuts optional
Variation: Try Heath English Toffee Bits
Use flour sprinkled on mold to help remove dough when molding.